As a Nigerian social media manager, you do realize that your job needs your attention at anywhere and at anytime of the day or night. Therefore you need a smartphone with mobile applications that allows you to engage your fans’ or clients’ social media community, write content on the go, provide excellent customer service, and monitor your social media marketing performance.
But what kind of mobile (android or iphone) applications can allow you to perform the above-mentioned tasks and more?
Here are 14 highly-recommended android apps for social media managers in Nigeria:
- WordPress App: If you own a wordpress blog or website, then you need to install the android, iphone or blackberry app to update your blog on the go.
- Facebook Pages Manager App: If you manage unlimited facebooks page for your business or for a client, then you definitely need this app to schedule updates as an admin, view messages from fans and monitor the reach of your contents via facebook insights.
- Hootsuite (Facebook & Twitter) App: this app is my favourite for scheduling posts to Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin networks all at once. You can monitor your
- Google+ App: Another great app for updating and managing your Google+ profile or page.
- DropBox App: this app is great for sharing word documents, spreadsheets and .PDF files with your colleagues or clients across multiple platforms such as; laptop, tablet, smartphones.
- Foursquare for business app: If you manage your client’s verified venue, you can easily get more customers walking through the door with Foursquare’s free app for businesses!this app is a handy sidekick that lets you:? Attract customers by posting beautiful photo updates.
? Share Foursquare updates on Facebook and Twitter.
? View your location’s recent check-ins.
? Drive traffic to your stores with Foursquare specials.
? Learn more about your recent and most loyal customers.Have more than one business or location? This app helps you manage them all.
- Google Analytics App: this mobile app shows you in beautiful graphic detail the number of people who visited your website, where they came from and the bounce rate.
- Evernote App: lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders–and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go..
- Feedly. Google Reader News RSS App: if you need fresh content ideas for your future blog posts, then this RSS feed reader app let’s you browse the content of your favorite sites, rss feeds, tumblr blogs and youtube channels. Instead of having to hunt down for information, feedly uses RSS to aggregate the contents of the news sites and blogs you like and deliver them as a fast mobile-optimized experience..
- LinkedInApp: this android app is far better than the normal mobile browser. You can find and connect with more than 225 million members worldwide
• Stay up to date with people in your network
• Follow Influencers to get insights and original content from industry leaders in your stream
• Update your profile from within the app
• View and save recommended jobs
• Read the latest industry news
• Follow and learn more about companies
• Keep up with your favorite groups
- Instagram App: Instagram is a popular platform amongst Nigerian mobile users. I recommend that you download the Instagram app and start sharing your image portfolio, events and inspiring photos with your friends and clients alike.
- Pinterest App: This android app is great for pinning your professional and inspiring photos on the go.
- Skype App: you can communicate with your clients and colleagues using free Skype to Skype IMs, video and voice calls over 3G or WiFi. Furthermore, you can do the following:
– Make low-cost calls and SMS to mobiles or landlines from your Android smartphone or tablet.
– Send pictures, videos and files to any of your contacts.
– Enjoy high-quality sound when you call anyone else on Skype.
– Talk face to face or show what you’re seeing with front and rear-facing cameras.
– Talk to your Windows Live Messenger friends on Skype. Sign into Skype with your Microsoft account and have your Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook contacts in one place..
- SocialCam App: great for shooting, editing and sharing your short videos to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
I hope you learnt a thing or two from this post. For more education on how to become a successful social media manager for Nigerian companies, grab my Social Media Consulting ebook here.