Want to learn the top 20 wordpress plugins that powered my digital marketing blog in 2012? Here are my top secrets. I hope you learn a thing or two from them. Enjoy.[Tweet “Discover the top 20 #WordPress Plugins that powered my #digitalmarketing blog in 2012.”]
- ClickDesk Live Chat, Help-desk and Live call – this fastest live chat, help desk, voice chat & social toolbar service halped me interact with my website visitors via gtalk and via my mobile phone. If you want to keep your website visiotrs hostage and give them top-notch customer service, then I recommend this plugin to start receiving live chats & calls on your Gtalk or Skype. This plugin comes with a free plan.
- Wibiya Social Bar – this sexy social bookmark tool bar is a must if you want to increase traffic and top social search rankings.
- All in One SEO Pack – this Out-of-the-box SEO plugin has helped my website reach the top og Google Search Rankings.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com – Bring the power of the WordPress.com cloud to your self-hosted WordPress. Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress.com users.
- Social Metrics – Track how your blog is doing across the leading social networking websites and services like Twitter, Facebook, Google +1, StumbleUpon, Digg and LinkedIn.
- WP-DB Manager – Manages your WordPress database. Allows you to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries. Supports automatic scheduling of backing up, optimizing and repairing of database.
- Akismet – Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep. To get started: 1) Click the “Activate” link to the left of this description, 2) Sign up for an Akismet API key, and 3) Go to your Akismet configuration page, and save your API key.
- Evermore – Abbreviate all posts when viewed on multiple post pages. This makes all posts behave as if there is a “” at an appropriate spot inside the content.
- Google XML Sitemaps – This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.
- NextGENeration Gallery – helps you create beautiful photo gallery as seen on my portfolio page.
- Grunion Contact Form – Add a contact form to any post, page or text widget. Emails will be sent to the post’s author by default, or any email address you choose.
- MailChimp – The MailChimp plugin allows you to quickly and easily add a signup form for building your MailChimp list.
- Disqus Comment System – The Disqus comment system replaces your WordPress comment system with your comments hosted and powered by Disqus.
- Max Banner Ads – Easily rotate banners and ads in almost anywhere in your wordpress blog without editing the theme.
- nRelate Related Content – Easily displays related content with thumbnails below your blog posts such as: you may also like –.
- WP Smush.it – helps to reduce image file sizes and improve performance using the Smush.it API within WordPress.
- SEO Friendly Images – Automatically adds alt and title attributes to all your images. Improves traffic from search results.
- Limit Login Attempts – this plugin helps to limit the rate of login attempts, including by way of cookies, for each IP.
- Special Recent Posts – this very powerful plugin/widget displays my latest posts with thumbnails on my sidebar.
- WP Super Cache – This fast caching plugin makes my wordpress blog load faster.
Other Recommended Plugins
- VoguePay – if you sell services or products to Nigerians online, then I recommend this online payment processing plugin.
- Zendesk: this tool is also great for giving great customer service support.
Now Your Turn:
What other wordpress plugin do you recommend for small businesses? Do share with us in the comments box below.