This week in digital marketing stories for Nigerian business, a lot of changes occurred in the digital world. In case you missed it, get all the news here.
- Marissa Mayer, formerly an employee of Google.com becomes the new CEO of yahoo.com. To add a sense of humour, yahoo searched for a new CEO and google search engine gave them an answer – Marissa Mayer. HA! I wish her all the best in steering the leadership of Yahoo in the right direction. Oh! Did I forget to mention that she is pregnant?
- Twitter shakes up its search engine by showing you relevant search filters for your keywords. No more irrelevant search results whenever you search for a particular #hashtag or topic on its search engines.
- LinkedIn redesigns its home page and adds comments, like and share button to its LinkedIn today news feature. I love the new look of Linkedin, how about you?
- Foursquare now lets you verify your business venue instantly with a phone call prompt and $10 verification fee. Once foursquare charges your credit card with $10 dollars, you can now offer specials on your venue page.
- Foursquare allows business venue owners interact with foursquare users with the most check-ins to their venue.
- Hootsuite allows all its free and paid social media users to schedule posts on thier Google plus brand pages on autopilot. I was happy to hear this news on their blog. So hootsuite can auto-publish my scheduled posts on my facebook, twitter, linkedin, foursquare and google plus pages even while I sleep.
- Facebook follows Google plus’ footsteps in adding social calendar to its events page. Now you will no longer miss your friends’ events such as seminars, product launch, birthdays or weddings.
- Caroline Wabara will be hosting a seminar on the 24th of August, 2012, titled: How To Be A Highly-Paid & Successful Social Media Manager for Nigerian Brands. The seminar will take place in Lagos, Nigeria, where she will show attendees how to Get Hired By Nigerian Brands to Successfully Build, Engage, Influence & Convert their Social Media Communities into Loyal Brand Advocates & Lifetime Customers. Here’s your chance to register for this amazing seminar.
- Caroline Wabara launches her latest ebook: How To Be A Highly-Paid Social Media Manager for Nigerian Brands – A Complete Social Media Manager’s Guide to Getting Hired By Nigerian Brands to Successfully Build, Engage, Influence & Convert their Social Media Communities into Loyal Brand Advocates & Lifetime Customers. You can order you copy of this ebook today at #2000 only.
That’s a wrap for this week in digital marketing stories for Nigerian Business. Will you be trying out the above changes on your business anytime soon? Let us know in the comments below.