What has been happening in the digital marketing world? Check out the stories below:
- Twitter locks out tumblr and instagram from its API.
- Facebook introduces Ads for search results.
- Facebook adds recommendation button for sites.
- Google+ Brand page verification for Nigerian businesses: Are you living in Nigeria and own a Google+ brand page? Well you can now add the verified badge to your brand page by simply requesting that a postcard with your verification code be sent to your address in Nigerian via mail. I just requested for mine, so I am awaiting the arrival of my google+ postcard in a few weeks from now.
- Google upgrade Google Analytics with social flow.
- Google adds Google Hangout to Gmail.
- Gmail now delivers email alerts via sms to all Nigerians with mobile phones. All you need to do is verify your phone number via voice call.
- Microsoft kills hotmail, migrates users to outlook.com.
- Foursquare gives real-time analytics for foursquare business venue owners.
- Caroline Wabara releases another best-selling ebook – Become A Highly-paid Social Media Manager for Nigerian Companies.
- Linkedin changes its user profile design
Pinterest ditches the “request for invite” button for “join pinterest” button. It’s now open to all to join.