Like I said in my previous article on “6 Easy Steps to Creating a Mobile Version of Your WordPress Blog with Mobilize by Mippin wordpress plugin,” this is the era of mobile internet, mobile search, mobile advertising, mobile reading, mobile payment, mobile entertainment and mobile websites. This goes to show that majority of top sites and blogs have already made their sites mobile friendly, but a lot of mobile blog owners do not know how to monetize the mobile traffic coming to their mobile blogs for 100% revenue.
So let’s dig into the topic for today. How to monetize the mobile version of your wordpress blog with mobilize by mippin wordpress plugin and AdMob Ads.
AdMob is a mobile advertising company owned by Google for advertising your products and services on mobile sites or earning revenue for displaying such ads on your site as a publisher.
My reasons for recommending mippin and AdMob for monetizing your mobile wordpress blog is because of the ease with which you can integrate and display ads on your site without learning how to develop apps or codes. Therefore, it’s so easy that a 7-year old implement the steps.
Simply visit the mippin mobilizer site to register and start monetizing your mobile blog in the following steps as shown in my previous article on 6 Easy Steps to Creating a Mobile Version of Your WordPress Blog with Mobilize by Mippin wordpress plugin.
- Type in your blog’s RSS feed url/website url and select the layout for your mobile blog as shown in the image in my previous article on “6 Easy Steps to Creating a Mobile Version of Your WordPress Blog with Mobilize by Mippin wordpress plugin.”
- Customize your mobile blog with your blog’s logo header which must be 120×30 pixels in width and height.
- Under the Publicize tab, give the URL of your Mobile blog of your like (e.g. http://mippin.com/yourusername). Give your tags. Also copy and paste the “code below” somewhere in your PC or in your blog’s widget. That’s because you will need for configuring your plugin later on.
- Now under the Monetize Tab, you will have to validate your website. So copy “Mippin Feed Validation Key= XXXXXX” and publish as a post in your blog with the copied statement as the title and content. See the image in “6 Easy Steps to Creating a Mobile Version of Your WordPress Blog with Mobilize by Mippin wordpress plugin” for assistance. Then click Validate.
- Now register for an account at AdMob. After confirming the account, login with your username and password at AdMob. Click Add new Sites and App under the MARKETPLACE tab.
- Then give your Mippin Site URL under the URL column.
- Enter your AdMob publisher id at the column at Mippin Webpage.
- Now install this mippin plugin in your WordPress blog.
- After installation is complete go to the options page of Mippin Plugin, where you will see two columns for entering your RSS feed URL and Mippin id found in the earlier code [Step2] at the Mippin website. Then click the “update” button.
Congrats! Your mobile blog is monetized. It could take a day for your blog and ads to be visible. Please be patient.