This is the era of mobile internet marketing, mobile local search, mobile advertising, mobile reading, mobile payment, mobile apps, mobile games, mobile entertainment and mobile websites. Even Starbucks (an American-based company) now accepts mobile payments from mobile phone users. This goes to show that majority of top sites and blogs have already made their sites mobile friendly, but there are still tons of other sites and blogs that lacks a mobile friendly version.
Is your wordpress blog mobile-friendly and ready for this mobile version of online traffic? If not, then you are still living in the 90’s. So let’s dig into the topic for today.
How to create a mobile version of your wordpress blog with mobilize by mippin wordpress plugin in six easy steps.
My reasons for recommending mippin as a plugin for mobilizing your wordpress blog are as follows,
- It’s a free add-on that detects mobile phones, renders your blog perfectly on every cell phone type and redirects to Mippin.com to display a mobile optimized version of the page.
- It also has the ability to monetize your mobile blog with AdMob mobile adverts for 100% revenue. Read my article on how to monetize your mobile wordpress blog using AdMob and mippin.
- Your blog’s image logo and photos are scaled to perfectly fill the horizontal dimension of the screen while videos are converted on the fly to the 3gp format commonly used on phones and games are delivered according the phones capabilities.
Simply visit the mippin mobilizer site to register and start building your mobile blog in 6 easy steps.
- Type in your blog’s RSS feed url/website url and select the layout for your mobile blog as shown in the image below:
- Customize your mobile blog with your blog’s logo header which must be 120×30 pixels in width and height.
- Under the Publicize tab, give the URL of your Mobile blog of your like (e.g. http://mippin.com/yourusername). Give your tags. Also copy and paste the “code below” somewhere in your PC or in your blog’s widget. That’s because you will need for configuring your plugin later on.
- Now under the Monetize Tab, you will have to validate your website. So copy “Mippin Feed Validation Key= XXXXXX” and publish as a post in your blog with the copied statement as the title and content. See the image below for assistance:
Then click Validate.
- Now install this mippin plugin in your WordPress blog.
- After installation is complete go to the options page of Mippin Plugin, where you will see two columns for entering your RSS feed url and Mippin id found in the earlier code [Step2] at the Mippin website. Then click the “update” button.
Congrats! Your blog is mobile-ready. It could take a day for your blog to be visible by mobile phone users. Please be patient.
Read my next article on “How to monetize the mobile version of your wordpress blog with mobilize by mippin wordpress plugin and AdMob Ads.
So what plugin do you use for mobilizing your blog? Please share with us in the comment box below.